Sunday, August 14, 2011

Episode #11 Wake Up Call

Tomorrow is my first day back at work (school) after summer break.
My phone rang about 30 minutes ago.

Me: Hello?
Gan: Brandy, this is Ganny. (She is still in denial that caller ID exists.) What are you going to be doing about 7:30 in the morning?
Me: Well Gan, I should be in the car, on my way to work.
Gan: Well do you think you could call me and wake me up?
Me: (surprised pause) Ganny, where are you headed?
Gan: I've gotta go to the doctor, at 9:45 and I'm afraid if I don't get up then, I won't be able to drink my coffee and get ready.
Me: (lovingly) Do you not have an alarm Ganny?
Gan: Well, I do, but I can't tell if I've got it on a.m. or p.m. I can't tell where that little light is on the little thing...
Me: (in submission to the cuteness) Yes, Gan. I will leave myself a note so I will remember to call you on my way to work...

1 comment: